The Master of Arts in Social Emotional Learning (SEL) at the National University is designed to help you make transformational change in your school community as you promote the intersectionality of SEL both in and outside of the classroom. This program will equip you with research-based knowledge and skills in self-care, cognition, trauma, and the ability to create healthy environments and relationships that are culturally responsive, equitable, and supportive for the whole child. This deep dive into personal identity, culture, leadership, community, and programs provides an SEL foundation where positive school climates thrive.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Create an action research project based on SEL research, theory, and practice that will create inclusive environments for the whole child.
- Evaluate the impact of SEL competencies on student success metrics at the various developmental levels.
- Distinguish the intersectionality between SEL, equity, cognition, and cultural responsiveness in educational communities.
- Examine SEL communities, frameworks, programs, and policies.
- Develop social and emotional leadership skills to support teachers, administrators, and families in transforming school culture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- SEL Education Communities
- Identity and Culture
- Cognition and Emotion
- SEL Action Research Methods
- SEL Frameworks
- Trauma in Education
- SEL Strategies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Online intakes: Monthly
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Pedagogy View 62 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall grade point average of 2.5 or better was achieved, or where a grade point average of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units.
- Students with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam. These tests are NOT required for those with a GPA over 2.5.
- Students with an undergraduate grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be accepted to National University on a probationary status (instead of taking the above tests).
- Preliminary documentation of prior education must be presented at required interview with an admissions advisor. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Proof of Financial Support: $33,500
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15912 USD per year during 12 months.
National15912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15912 USD per year during 12 months.
- Tuition per course - $1,989
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.