The 2-year Osteopathy programme of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences aims to create a fulfilling path for osteopaths to expand, and develop their own synthesis of the contemporary osteopathic topics. This will contribute to developing a stronger professional identity, and raise awareness of osteopathic healthcare within society.
This Master’s Degree Programme in osteopathy is the first of a kind in the Nordic countries. Two schools – Skandinaviska Osteopathögskolan from Gothenburg, Sweden and Metropolia University of Applied Sciences from Helsinki, Finland – have joined their forces in order to create a special programme designed for osteopaths, who wish to enhance their professional skills, and collaborate with other healthcare practitioners in order to raise the quality and awareness for osteopathic care.
What Will You Study?
At a time when person-centred health care is a central tenet of modern day health management, it is important that the osteopathic profession takes its place in contributing in an active and positive manner. The master's programme is designed to enable, support and engage osteopaths in navigating and applying this important movement within health care. This programme recognises and addresses the key competences required by the contemporary osteopath who wants to work within an integrative health care system.
This Master’s Degree Programme in Osteopathy collaborates with the Master’s Degree Programme in Health Business Management. This multidisciplinary approach is a core aspect of the programme. This collaboration encourages and supports communication between healthcare professionals, therefore, raising awareness of osteopathic practice across healthcare in general.
The collaboration is further supported by embedding an evidence informed practice approach throughout the programme. The rationale here is that there is a necessity for the osteopathic profession to reflect upon its theoretical models, and integrate the most recent and relevant research.
The programme will focus on the following:
- Clinical aspect: exploring explanations for osteopathic treatment effects within an evidence informed and critical thinking perspective, and advanced practitioner skills
- Research aspect: building a constructive forum for open inquiry, discussion and development through expanding knowledge on research methods and skills and creating a master’s thesis
- Service and management aspect: developing an integrated, safe, person-centred approach to osteopathic service as a whole including skills in leadership, management and service design
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Metropolia University of Applied Sciences and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- the final diploma/certificate or an interim certificate on graduation issued by the educational institution from those who have already completed their qualifications
- the final diploma/certificate or an interim certificate on graduation issued by the educational institution from those whose qualifications are yet to be completed
- Work certificates (must indicate details such as the exact start and end dates of employment, the employer’s contact information, work duties, as well as working hours for part-time work), other documents such as contracts of employment, CV etc. are not considered.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.