Our TRA-accredited Primary (7-11) PGCE course, which leads to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), will allow you to work as a teacher in primary education settings.
The Primary (7-11) (Key Stage 2) course at London Metropolitan University consists of modules that will develop your understanding of the role of a teacher. During your lectures and seminars you’ll adopt a critical approach to evaluate pedagogical traditions, as well as the curriculum and children’s rights. You’ll also learn about how you can use and undertake research to engage with issues in education.
Your assessment will consist of:
- school placement A
- school placement B, where your teaching ability will be assessed in relation to the standard for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- a Professional Practice Portfolio, which is compiled across the year, detailing personal experiences and reflections on your development as a teacher, largely in relation to your practical teaching experience
- the Educational Research Assignment, which allows you to explore an educational issue
This course is accredited by the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Studies
- Professionalism and Inclusive Practice
- School Experience to Progress Point
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 117 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- minimum of a 2.2 UK degree or master’s (MA/MSc)
- pass at literacy and numeracy tests, which are university-based tests that you will be asked to undertake at your interview
- a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate and Confirmation of Fitness to Teach (eg a London Metropolitan University Health Check) which you will be advised to apply for after an offer is made
- GCSE English, Mathematics and Science grade C/4 or above (or equivalent, see Equivalency Testing or A Star Teachers)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.