Learn how to teach science and biology to 11 to 16-year-olds and, by arrangement, 16-18-year-olds with these Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)-accredited academic sessions at London Met and hands-on practical experience at our partnership schools. You’ll learn how to improve your pupils’ love of this biology through the latest teaching methods and principles.
Where this course can take you
This intensive PGCE leads to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), which enables you to teach biology to 11 to 16-year-olds. Our trainees have gone on to secure secondary teacher roles at schools including Ark Academy, Harris Girls Academy and more. You’ll have the same opportunities for employment upon successful completion of the course.
This course is accredited by the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Studies
- Professionalism and Inclusive Practice
- School Experience to Progress Point
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Teaching View 399 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- a UK degree, preferably grade 2.2 or equivalent, in Biology or relevant degrees including geology, metallurgy, chemical engineering and forensic science
- literacy and numeracy tests — these are university-based tests, which you will be asked to undertake at your interview
- a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate and Confirmation of Fitness to Teach (eg a London Metropolitan University Health Check) - you will be advised to apply for these after an offer is made
- GCSE English and Mathematics grade C (grade 4 from 2017) or above (or equivalent)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.