In this Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)-accredited course, the emphasis is on urban multicultural environments, ideal if you want to teach in a city setting. You’ll undertake school placements of 11 and 13 weeks, giving you hands-on practical experience.
Our Primary (5-11) course at London Metropolitan University has two modules designed to help you develop an understanding of your future role as a primary school teacher. This structure gives you room to develop your classroom practice as well as examine the underlying principles and values around educational issues.
The Curriculum Studies module introduces you to the challenges of teaching within urban, multicultural and multilingual schools. You’ll also learn how to teach core subjects including English, Mathematics and Science.
Your assessment will consist of four elements:
- School placement A
- School placement B, where your teaching ability will be assessed in relation to the standard for Qualified Teacher Status
- a Professional Practice Portfolio which is compiled across the year, detailing personal experiences and reflections on your development as a teacher, largely in relation to your practical teaching experience
- the Educational Research Assignment, which allows you to explore an educational issue
This PGCE course is accredited by the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Studies
- Professionalism and Inclusive Practice
- School Experience to Progress Point
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 261 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
- a UK degree, preferably grade 2.2 or equivalent
- literacy and numeracy tests — these are university-based tests, which you will be asked to undertake at your interview
- a valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate and Confirmation of Fitness to Teach (eg a London Metropolitan University Health Check) which you will be advised to apply for after an offer is made
- GCSE English, Mathematics and Science grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)*
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.