Applications are especially related to fluid flows in petroleum engineering, chemical engineering and energy transformation, fields in which Fluids Engineering plays a major role. At the heart of the teaching offer, courses are mainly oriented toward physical analysis and modelling of transport phenomena in multiphasic flows.
These scientific areas are quite specific to Toulouse and are carried out by three research laboratories (IMFT, LGC and LISBP) and the FERMAT Research Federation.
This Master of Science is jointly offered by Toulouse INP-ENSEEIHT, Toulouse INP-ENSIACET and INSA Toulouse. Approx. 10 students coming from countries such as China, India, South America and Africa graduate every year. This Master of Science Fluids Engineering for Industrial Processes at Toulouse INP, INSA Toulouse and ENSFEA is designed for high-level Bachelor graduate students coming from the best foreign universities.
It will give you state of the art expertise in Fluids Mechanics and its application to raw material and energy transformation processes. Multiphase flows are of major importance for modelling the behaviour of industrial processes. Advanced courses on turbulence, coupling chemical reactions and flows, heat and mass transfer are complemented by exercises and practical training. The students will be trained to work with Computational Fluid Dynamics tools (commercial codes but also research and industrial softwares).
This degree gives you opportunities for R&D positions in petroleum, nuclear or chemical engineering major companies:
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering: for ex. TOTAL – SAIPEM – IFP - GDF - BP Chemical
- Transformation of ground material: for ex. ARCELOR/MITTAL, Saint-Gobain, Air Liquide
- Nuclear Engineering and Energy: for ex. AREVA – EDF – CEA
- Water Management and Production: for ex. SUEZ Environnement – VEOLIA - DEGREMONT
This master is accredited by the French ministry of higher educationToulouse INP-ENSEEIHT and INSA are accredited by CTI, members of N+i network (www.nplusi.com)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Fluids Mechanics and CFD
- Process Engineering and Industrial systems
- Compressible flows and Turbo-machines
- Advanced courses in Fluid Mechanics
- Numerical Analysis and Simulations
- Practical training on Fluid Mechanics
Multiphase Flows and Reactions
- Reaction Engineering, Transport Phenomena
- Turbulence in Fluids, Numerical Simulations
- Complex Fluids and Interfacial Phenomena
- Heterogeneous media and Multiphase Flows
- Transfer and Reactions
A 6 months final project as trainee in a laboratory or in the industry with minimum wages 500€/month
Bachelor's degree Program taught in EnglishFurther studies: PhD program (3 years)
All teachers are part of major research institutions affiliated to the French National Scientific Research Center (CNRS): IMFT (Fluids Mech.) / LISBP (Bio-processes and Water management) / LGC (Chem Eng.)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 84 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
If you have an international degree:
- To enter the 1st year of the MSc program, you will require a Bachelor of Sciences/Engineering
- Please note that it is also possible to integrate directly the 2nd year of the program. To do so, you will need to have obtained a Master of Sciences/Engineering and have work experience.
- To be admitted in M1 the required level is L3
- For the admission in M2 the required level is M1
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Reduction down to 5473 €/year for academic partners, european and selected students
Living costs for Toulouse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Students can apply to different other scholarship programs (governmental scholarships, European student mobility programs, French Eiffel and French embassies’ scholarship programs, training support programs from private foundations and companies)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.