The Food Science and Human Nutrition programme at the National University of Singapore offers a comprehensive set of advanced topics including food bioscience (microbiology and safety, fermentation), modern food processing technology, evidence-based functional foods, modern analytical science and human nutrition.
This Programme is designed to provide professional continuing education training, which in turn better prepare the workforce amid the rapidly changing food landscape.
Equip yourself with the essential skills required to thrive in the modern food industry
The programme offers an in-depth knowledge and understanding of advanced topics in food science subdisciplines such as food bioscience (microbiology, fermentation), functional foods, modern food processing technology, human nutrition, and modern analytical science in relation to food and nutrition.
The innovative pedagogies employed in the programme allow students to enhance hands-on advanced problem solving skills and sharpen their critical thinking, preparing them well for the 21st century food industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rheology & Texture Properties of Biomaterials
- Advanced Food Fermentation /Modern Food Fermentation
- Advanced Food Microbiology and Safety/Advanced Food Microbiological Analysis and Food Safety
- Frontier of Food Processing and Engineering / Smart & Sustainable Food Processing and Engineering
- Advanced Current Topics in Food Science
- Modern Analytical Techniques
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree (with Honours or its equivalent) majoring in Food Science/Technology/Engineering and Nutrition; or
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree majoring in Food Science/Technology/Engineering and Nutrition with at least 2 years of relevant work experience; or
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree majoring in the following areas - chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, biomedical engineering, agricultural engineering, agricultural product storage and processing, biotechnology, biological sciences, pharmacy, microbiology, nutrition, dietetics, physiology, agriculture and horticulture with at least two years of relevant work experience
International28308 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28308 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National28308 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28308 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.