To survive and thrive in this industry, you need more than talent. It’s vital tounderstand the sector inside-out so you can manage artists in the best possible way to negotiate contracts for them.
In this Music Business Administration program from Trebas Institute, you’ll gain the knowledge to help you successfully start your own business and collaborate with artists.Upon graduation, you’ll be able to work with record labels, music publishers,licensing organizations, production companies, concert promoters and app developers.
Skills and competencies
- Plan and manage all aspects of an artist’s career
- Protect an artist’s rights and ensure equitable remuneration
- Plan and execute professional marketing campaigns
- Draft and negotiate the music industry’s most important contracts and agreements
- Produce, coordinate and promote live concerts and tours
- Start a business in the industry
- Gain the skills of an entrepreneur
- Music publishing and administration
- The fundamentals of music production
- Effectively navigate the audio industry
- Understand and implement career development activities
The graduates have gone onto pursue successful careers in the following roles:
- Artist manager
- Booking agent
- Concert promoter
- Copyright administrator
- Music marketing specialist
- Music protection business entrepreneur
- Music publisher
- Record label owner/employee
- Self-managed artist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information, please visit the programme's website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Music Liberal Arts View 99 other Masters in Business Administration in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Under the provisions of section 4 of the College Education Regulations concerning the conditions of admission, a person who has received instruction considered sufficient by the college and meets any of the following conditions may be admitted to a program of studies leading to an Attestation of College Studies:
- The person has interrupted his or her full-time studies or pursued full-time postsecondary studies for at least 2 consecutive terms or 1 school year;
- The person is covered by an agreement entered into between the college and an employer or by a government program of studies;
- The person has interrupted his or her full-time studies for one term and pursued full-time postsecondary studies for one term; or
- The person holds a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS/DEP).
International13700 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 CAD per year during 12 months.
National13700 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.