At this Human Movement Sciences - Rehabilitation MSc programme offered at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam you learn to apply biophysical (biomechanics/physiology) methods in the fields of health and rehabilitation.
With this Master’s degree you will have various career opportunities, for instance in applied research at a rehabilitation center or sports institution, or in vocational education in sports or healthcare. As embedded scientists, exercise physiologists, or knowledge brokers our alumni share scientific knowledge with professionals in the applied fields. In addition, they contribute to the current developments in movement-related technological industry.
Promotion alumni sessions Master’s day
During the Master’s day, you can also meet our (international) alumni during several workshops. In these sessions they will tell you more about career opportunities after finishing your Master’s degree.
- In this track you learn to apply biophysical (biomechanics/physiology) methods in the fields of health and rehabilitation.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences Clinical Psychology View 8 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 EC or equivalent
- Your Bachelor’s programme should include basic knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Psychology at the level of "Introductory textbooks". You also should have obtained sufficient research skills and knowledge of Mathematics and Physics
- Copy of your valid passport or ID (only for EU residents)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter including the track of your choice
- Transcript of records
- Description of courses (and associated literature) that are relevant for Human Movement Sciences
International16630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16630 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.