The area of professional practice for Masters of Science after this educational program is the modern high-tech enterprises using the modern chemistry advances for environmental protection (in petrochemistry, metallurgy and pharmaceutics). The Chemistry programme is offered by South Ural State University.
EducationThe Chemistry - Chemistry for Environmental Engineering program at South Ural State University includes the courses that make it possible to learn:
- existing high-tech methods of environmental protection, energy- and resources-saving technology, based on the modern chemistry advances: the use of nanostructured (photo)catalysts for destruction of organic pollutants that are resistant to oxidation, the electrochemical methods of emission and decomposition of pollutants, the modern photovoltaic systems for solar energy conversion;
- methods of production and investigation of ultradispersed and nanostructured materials for environmental protection;
- methods of evaluating environmental conditions, of analysis for the most dangerous toxicants, of physicochemical environmental study, and of planning engineering activities to decrease environmental pollution;
- new progress in synthetic chemistry, development of green chemistry as a new research area.
The fields of research:
- Synthesis and application of heterogeneous (photo)catalysts for environment protection processes.
- Study of environmental pollutants with the view of their recycling and deactivation.
- Modern photovoltaic materials for energy-saving technology.
- New microporous materials for electrochemical decomposition of pollutants in water.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 54 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of your passport + certified translation
- Certificates/diplomas of your completed degree and transcripts/diploma supplements + certified translations
International2481 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2481 USD per year during 24 months.
National2481 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2481 USD per year during 24 months.
- 172,700 rubles
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.