How should share options be priced? Which home owners are most likely to default on their mortgage payments? If any sector uses numbers, it’s finance. The availability of large amounts of data opens up numerous possibilities to apply quantitative techniques. And this track will give you the tools to crunch the numbers.
In this Business Analytics - Financial Risk Management programme from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam you’ll learn to price derivatives, such as share options, and strategies for risk management. And you’ll learn how to determine which customers are most at risk of defaulting on their monthly payments. You’ll gain both practical skills and theoretical knowledge, making you a valuable asset for any financial institution or fintech.
If you choose this track, you’ll take compulsory courses that combine mathematics with financial applications, including stochastic processes for finance, applied analysis using financial mathematics, and investments.
A Master’s degree in Business Analytics opens the door to all kinds of career opportunities. Major international companies like Google, Booking.com and KLM are all on the lookout for talented business analysts.
You could enter a graduate consultancy position with leading firms like Deloitte, Accenture, EY and PwC. Or you could become a data scientist in one of the many Amsterdam-based data science startups. Alternatively, why not pursue a career as a data-mining specialist or risk manager in the financial sector? Become a revenue specialist at KLM or Emirates?
- Stochastic Processes for Finance
- Applied Analysis: Financial Mathematics
- Asset Pricing
- Dynamic Programming and Reinforcement Learning
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Mathematical Optimization
- Data Mining Techniques
- Quantitative Financial Risk Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesFinance Business Intelligence & Analytics Risk Management View 6 other Masters in Risk Management in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Business Analytics programme is open to both Dutch and international students. The Faculty’s Admission Board will decide upon your admission after having evaluated your complete online application.
- In order to gain admission to the Business Analytics Master’s programme, you will need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent. We do not require a GRE or GMAT test score.
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.