Which patients are likely to develop serious coronavirus symptoms? What’s the probability of a consumer clicking on an advert on a website? Where is crime most likely to occur?
The answers to these questions can be found using algorithms from data mining and machine learning.
The Business Analytics - Computational Intelligence programme is offered by Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
They turn large amounts of data into useful information, using tools like artificial intelligence, big data, deep learning, evolutionary computing, data mining, data science and so on. This is one of the hottest scientific topics of this century – and it’s showing no signs of slowing down.
If you choose this track, you’ll take compulsory courses in the optimisation of business processes – including mathematical optimisation – and machine learning and its applications, such as dynamic programming and reinforcement learning.
A Master’s degree in Business Analytics opens the door to all kinds of career opportunities. Major international companies like Google, Booking.com and KLM are all on the lookout for talented business analysts.
You could enter a graduate consultancy position with leading firms like Deloitte, Accenture, EY and PwC. Or you could become a data scientist in one of the many Amsterdam-based data science startups. Alternatively, why not pursue a career as a data-mining specialist or risk manager in the financial sector? Become a revenue specialist at KLM or Emirates?
- Evolutionary Computing
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing Technology
- Dynamic Programming and Reinforcement Learning
- Multi-Agent Systems
- Performance of Networked Systems
- Web Data Processing Systems
- Learning Machines
- Data Mining Techniques
- Machine Learning for the Quantified Self
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems View 14 other Masters in Business Information Systems in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Business Analytics programme is open to both Dutch and international students. The Faculty’s Admission Board will decide upon your admission after having evaluated your complete online application.
- In order to gain admission to the Business Analytics Master’s programme, you will need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent. We do not require a GRE or GMAT test score.
International15500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.