From biomechanics to psychology. From exercise physiology to neurorehabilitation. And from muscle function to motor development.
The one-year Human Movement Sciences - Biophysics in Sport MSc programme at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam provides ample possibilities for customization of your personal programme, so that you can create a profile that fits your interests.
Human movement is a key issue for today’s society. It’s the basis of everything we do. We need to move to survive, to achieve and to enjoy life. Freedom of movement in all its aspects determines quality of life – from cell to organ and from organ to the entire body.
But movement cannot always be taken for granted, as is the case with patients whose functional movement is limited due to diseases and/or conditions such as osteoarthritis, cerebral palsy, stroke or a trauma. But also among healthy individuals (especially children, the elderly, athletes and working people), there is often a need to optimise movement in order to maintain or improve the range of movements or to prevent injury.
- The degree qualifies you as a scientist with career opportunities in applied research or in vocational education.
- But also as embedded scientist or exercise physiologist.
Promotion alumni sessions Master’s day
During the Master’s day, you can also meet our (international) alumni during several workshops. In these sessions they will tell you more about career opportunities after finishing your Master’s degree.
- Biophysics in Sport
- Sport and Performance Psychology
- High Performance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
The next VU Online Master's Event will take place on Saturday 5 March.
DisciplinesSports Management Health Sciences Sports Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited research university including at least three full years of academic study amounting to a minimum of 180 EC or equivalent.
- Copy of your valid passport or ID (only for EU residents)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter including the track of your choice.
- Transcript of records
- Description of courses (and associated literature) that are relevant for Human Movement Sciences.
International16630 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16630 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.