The MA Photography course is structured in such a way that learning develops systematically and with an emphasis on the independent learning abilities required for continuing professional development and the advancement of your career.
The course allows you to undertake advanced study in a wide range of areas including advertising, documentary, editorial, fashion, portrait and fine art photography.
By a combined approach of practice, theory and professionalism, the course will provide a challenging and stimulating environment in which you are able to develop your full potential, with the aim of becoming a practitioner at the forefront of the discipline in your future career. You will expand your potential market by applying genre practices across contexts; for example, the aesthetics of documentary can be applied to advertising, editorial, fashion or fine art outcomes.
You are encouraged to make industrial links across a broad range of organisations relevant to your chosen professional specialism. Using these links, you will learn to manage and exceed client expectations through the application of your new academic understanding to the production of inventive saleable work.
The Photography course from Arts University Bournemouth is a balance of art and commerce and is founded on the assertion that photography is a powerful form of communication that potentially connects with an audience of millions.
The course offers the opportunity to make professional work within, or crossing genres, whether it’s for publication, or the gallery. What defines it as professional, is that it is conceived and created with a specific audience in mind and is conscious of how meaning is affected by socio-political criteria.
The course is designed for ambitious photography graduates, or experienced photographers who wish to develop their knowledge and expertise in order to reach the very top of their field. We look for students with a passion for the subject and who are willing to take risks, and in doing so, push themselves to new heights.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The course structure allows for a flexibility of approach, as a Photography Master’s student you will be a creative practitioner in the broadest sense of the term and be involved with emerging technologies as well as heritage media. Either way, you will hone your skills and develop your own visual identity as a professional practitioner.
- You will be encouraged to develop a systematic and comprehensive understanding of techniques and knowledge relevant to that specialism of photography you choose and to combine this with a critical awareness of developments in that area of professional practice.
- Professional Photography draws upon many subjects including Graphic Design, Illustration, Film, Animation, Fine Art and Fashion all of which are AUB Masters programmes. Thus, the AUB Masters community offers you an outstanding opportunity for collaboration within a post-graduate context and encourages links that may well develop further after graduation.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply early so that you have time to organise accommodation and to arrange for a visa (if required) before you enrol.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 565 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You will usually have BA (Hons) Degree graded at 2.1 or above, or an equivalent UK or international qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home fees - £4,000 per annum (part time)
- International/EU: £9,250 per annum (part-time)
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.