Nursing Leadership for Registered Nurses at University of San Francisco prepares RNs to advance within the field to develop and manage patient care plans and advocate for best practices. You will join a vibrant community committed to academic excellence, passion for social justice, and health care leadership. You will be challenged but supported to succeed, including a small class size to assure engagement and attention from highly-accomplished faculty.
A USF MSN-prepared nurse is equipped to:
- Advocate for and design health promotion and risk reduction services for diverse populations, communities, and the health professional team.
- Provide health education to individuals, families, or other health care providers.
- Improve patient care and safety, clinical outcomes, and unit efficiency.
- Reduce cost and improve standards of care with the use of evidence-based practice.
- Coordinate highly functioning clinical teams.
The University of San Francisco’s Master of Science in Nursing is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Leadership in the Healthcare Microsystem
- Quality, Improvement and Patient Safety
- Health Informatics
- Knowledge Development and Evidence-Informed Quality Improvement
- Health Policy, Ethics, and Advocacy
The program prepares RNs with an associate degree (ADN) or bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) to advance within the field by gaining experience to develop and manage patient care plans and advocate for best practices.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
33 units for BSNs; 38 units for ADN
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 883 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Completed online application and fee
- Professional resume
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Personal statement
- RN license
- Two letters of recommendation
The MSN for Registered Nurses entry point is suitable for individuals who currently hold a Registered Nurse (RN) License. This includes Registered Nurses (RNs) who hold a baccalaureate or associate degree in nursing as well as RNs from other academic backgrounds. The following prerequisites are required to be considered for admission:
- Active unencumbered RN License documentation (must reflect state where applicant plans to complete practicum hours).
- Applicants interested in the online option must reside in one of our approved states.
International1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- In addition, USF’s School of Nursing and Health Professions offers a number of scholarships and funding options. Most scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial need, which will be determined by the completion of a Scholarship Application at the time of application to a graduate program or by a continuing student's completion during the Fall of each academic year.
- A limited number of scholarships will also be awarded on the basis of merit. The following information describes funding resources that may be useful to your graduate studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.