Dive into fields such as AI, data science and cyber security, and use the international setting of IU to kick-start your career as an in-demand computer science professional.
Due to the unmet demand for experts on these topics, you’ll become a sought-after specialist who can operate in almost any sector. Your Master’s degree in Computer Science will give you all the skills you need to get started in the international job market. With IU, you can study 100% online, on campus, or switch between both with their new flexible studies option.
As a Computer Science expert, you will be one of the most sought-after specialists in business, industry, the public sector and government organisations. After you graduate, you will work as:
- Computer and Information Research Scientist: As a Computer and Information Research Scientist (Computer Scientist for short) you will analyse complex problems in a variety of areas, including business, science, medicine, in order to develop computer-aided solutions. Computer Scientists are theorists, designers and inventors all in one, and help influence the future of companies via innovative technologies and computer systems.
- Database Administrator: As a Database Administrator, you will be responsible for the planning, design and development of database applications. Ensuring accessibility and maintaining data security will also be one of your tasks. You will regularly test databases and associated programs to identify any errors to be corrected, alterations to be made, and security measures to be implemented.
- Software/Web Developer: As a Software Developer, you will design, implement, and modify computer programs. This can involve both application software ie. software intended for the general public and commercial purposes, and system software ie. software that ensures the smooth and efficient functioning of computer systems. As a Web Developer, you will create and maintain websites. You will oversee the technical structure of the website (back-end) and/or the visual layout and content (front-end). Web Developers often act as "webmasters" and are responsible for ensuring that websites function properly.
Two Degrees, Double the Advantage
IU International University of Applied Sciences (IU) has partnered with London South Bank University to give you the chance to have your degree validated by two institutions. When you choose this option, you’ll graduate from IU with both a German degree and a British degree, giving you a major career boost! This opportunity comes with no extra study courses or traveling.
IU is accredited and certified with a seal of approval from the German Accreditation Council. All IU study programmes, materials, and services meet high internal and external quality standards, which are regularly reviewed and updated. Also, IU is the first German university that achieved a 5-star rating for Online Learning from QS.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming with Python
- Software Engineering: Software Processes
- Advanced Mathematics
- Advanced Statistics
- Data Science
- Project: Software Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Online start date: anytime
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Cyber Security Artificial Intelligence View 35 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at IU International University of Applied Sciences and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed degree from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution in relevant field.
- At least a “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent earned in your previous degree.
- Your undergraduate degree should be worth 180 ECTS credits.
If you are lacking ECTS credits from your previous studies, you can demonstrate professional work experience for your online degree instead.
- Proof of English skills.
If English is your native language or you graduated from an English-speaking school/university, you do not have to prove your English skills.
- IU English courses B2.2 Certificate (complimentary when signing up with IU - free of charge)*
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11745 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23490 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA11745 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23490 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 187 EUR/month (full time – 24 months)
- 139 EUR/month (part-time - 36 months)
- 122 EUR/month (part-time - 48 Months)
***Price shown is for indicative purposes, please check with the institution
€649/month (full time)
- Four-Week Trial:
Freedom to Make the Right Choice: get a four-week trial at IU International University of Applied Sciences. Cancel your online studies anytime in the first four weeks for a full refund.
- German Course:
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.