Experimental Medicine at Örebro University gives you a broad insight into general aspects that affect public health in today’s society. The main focus of the programme is on inflammatory mechanisms and their implication for public health, as many of the common diseases worldwide share an inflammation process as a common denominator.
You will gain knowledge and skills in modern experimental medical and laboratory science, as well as in-depth knowledge of cell biology, immunology, human genetics and bioinformatics, and translational medicine.
This MSc programme is research preparatory and the Master’s degree provides you with a platform for research and development, and prepares you for an international career in academia, industry, government and healthcare.
This MSc programme will prepare you for an international career in either academia, with the option of pursuing PhD studies, or in the public or private sectors, seeking employment with authorities, the pharmaceutical or biotechnical industry, government, or healthcare.
- Cell and Molecular Biology in Inflammatory Processes
- Human Genomics and Functional Genomics Data,
- Translational Medicine
- Personalised Medicine
- System Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 10 other Masters in Human Medicine in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedicine, Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Master of Science in Medicine, or Master of Science in Veterinary Medicine. Alternatively, a first-cycle qualification comprising at least 180 credits of which at least 90 credits are for specialised study in one of the main fields of study biomedicine, biomedical laboratory science, biology or medicine.
- The applicant must also have qualifications corresponding to the course “English 6” or “English B” from the Swedish Upper Secondary School.
International13829 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27658 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first instalment: 76990 SEK
- Total fee: 307900 SEK
Living costs for Örebro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.