We offer a master degree in Mature Field Management at Heriot-Watt University. The bulk of the world’s hydrocarbons come from producing assets – so-called 'mature fields'. In turn, these supply the bulk of the world’s energy.
- Managing these assets is therefore a central aspect of global energy supply, and will become more so as the world’s giant fields become progressively more mature. Most industry jobs in exploration and production will be in this arena, requiring a talented workforce to fill them for decades to come.
- Heriot-Watt's Institute of GeoEnergy Engineering has therefore created a new Master's programme to address this need. The topical content is necessarily broader than the existing IPE programmes, embracing not only geoscience, reservoir and well engineering but also surface engineering and the linkage between them in the form of Integrated Asset Management (IAM).
- Strategy and Planning
- Managing the Wells
- Field Management Project
- Managing the Reservoir
- Optimising Productivity
- Optimising Recovery
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 7 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United Arab Emirates
- Minimum of 2:1 honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in a related subject area.
- For postgraduate conversion courses, non-related degrees will be considered.
- Corporate (or chartered) membership of relevant professional institutions will also be considered
International29960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29960 GBP per year during 18 months.
National14120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14120 GBP per year during 18 months.
- UK / EU: £7,060
- Overseas: £14,980
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.