The MA Global Creative Industries from City, University of London lets you explore tensions, organisations and issues that emerge from cultural industries. You will learn how processes interact at a local, regional and world levels.
During this programme you will develop an understanding of how cultural goods are produced and consumed.
You will learn how global cultural trade flows are uneven and why there are consequences for local and national development.
This Global Creative Industries MA prepares you for employment or further academic study in the global cultural world.
You might seek a career in transnational and regional institutions of governance such as international organisations, government administrations, development agencies or global trade bodies.
A range of diverse professions are open to you when you graduate. These can span from the music industry to intellectual property, or from development to investment.
- Global Creative Industries
- Creative Cities
- Ethics and Social Responsibility in the Creative Industries
- International Organisations in Global Politics
- Global Political Economy – Contemporary Approaches
- Professional Placement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign International Relations Media Studies & Mass Media View 358 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
When applications open you will need to submit:
- A completed application form (either electronically or by post)
- A certified copy of your undergraduate academic results and degree certificate
- Proof of English proficiency (if you are not a native English speaker, or someone who has not been taught in English for their first degree subject)
- Personal statement of up to 500 words on your academic and/or relevant professional experience to date and how it informs your intentions to undertake this course. In addition, you may wish to outline your vision for how the degree will feed into your research or professional career.
International17510 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17510 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10080 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.