This Temporary Works and Construction Method Engineering MSc degree from City, University of London is aimed at graduates with at least two years of practical experience in construction; however, more recent graduates with a good appreciation of construction processes will also benefit.
You may have achieved a firm grounding in engineering and be keen to develop your skills as a practical engineer working on site. Or you may want to enhance your design skills if you are already working in permanent works design.
Graduates with this highly regarded “one of a kind” degree, which helps you develop your specialist skills in the design and construction of temporary works, are in demand worldwide.
Temporary works are an important aspect of most construction projects. So a qualification in this field means you can work across all civil engineering disciplines, whether you are working as an on-site engineer or as a design office engineer.
Accreditation by the Joint Board of Moderators (The Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation and the Institute of Highways Engineers):
- Temporary Works Structures
- Geotechnical Temporary Works
- Groundwater Control
- Temporary Works for Marine Construction
- Temporary Works for Demolition and Alteration
- Temporary Works for Plant and Access
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 291 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- An upper second class honours degree in Civil Engineering or a relevant subject. Alternative qualifications combined with relevant experience may also be considered.
- For all applicants, please upload your degree certificate and transcript of marks from your first degree (if you do not have your final results at the time of making your application, please upload a provisional certificate/interim transcript of marks). A transcript is required in order to have your application processed.
- If your first language is not English, or you require a Student Visa to study in the UK, please upload a Proof of English Proficiency if you have already obtained it.
International19380 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19380 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12240 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time per year
- UK: £6,120
- Overseas/EU: £9,690
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.