The Teaching, Learning, and Media Education programme at Tampere University focuses on knowledge and competencies needed to develop and implement high-quality educational environments, practices, and curricula in diverse educational contexts.
The students of the programme will gain a broad understanding of the field of education and educational research. After completing the programme, students have an extensive understanding of the relationships between teaching and learning in a media-saturated society, and conceptual tools to evaluate and enhance the quality of education.
The meaning of research-based knowledge is emphasized throughout the studies. The programme offers possibilities to choose courses on current topics in education, such as media education, inclusive education, curriculum studies, digital literacies, and game-based learning. In addition, students can select elective studies from the wide range of courses that the multidisciplinary Tampere University community offers.
Graduates of the programme will become experts for public, private and civil society sectors. They could work for example as educators, educational experts, coordinators, researchers, or administrators.
The Master's Degree Programme in Teaching, Learning and Media Education does not provide the graduates with formal teaching qualification.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme consists of versatile subject studies framed in a media-saturated society, including learning in various digital contexts, inclusive education, curriculum studies, assessment, and quality of education.
- The methodological studies and master’s thesis project deepen the expertise. The programme considers education from multiple perspectives, such as educational sciences, pedagogical, philosophical, and sociocultural perspectives.
- Further, students have the possibility to include elective studies from other fields of science into their degree. Collaboration between the Faculty of Education and the Teacher Training School of Tampere University provides students with an indispensable knowledge of the integration of theory and practice in education.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Media Studies & Mass Media View 13 other Masters in Education in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- an applicable bachelor’s degree at a university or a university of applied sciences in Finland
- a bachelor's degree completed in a university outside Finland which provides eligibility for equivalent University master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.with a minimum scope of 180 ECTS credits, three to four years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from a recognised institution of higher education
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.