The student is equipped with the necessary expertise, tools and skills to work in the complex setting of contemporary and emerging health challenges. The Public and Global Health programme at Tampere University integrates the themes of public and global health in the course curriculum, which consists of interdisciplinary studies in health sciences, social sciences, and technology.
The core disciplines of public health, such as epidemiology, health promotion, health systems, and health economics are studied, and a wide range of elective courses are offered. Students grow their expertise in global dynamics studying topics such as inequalities, climate change, migration, ageing and conflicts, to mention but a few.
Equipped with knowledge and skills, our graduates go to work in diverse fields such as governmental agencies, NGO’s, academia and private industry to name just a few. Many of our alumni have been appointed to positions of responsibility in their countries and are having an impact on national and global public health issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our programme offers a unique opportunity to study the intertwined disciplines of public and global health.
- Students will be equipped with the necessary expertise, skills and tools to work in the complex setting of contemporary and emerging health challenges.
- All courses are firmly grounded in international research and have a strong focus on transferring this knowledge into practice.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 7 other Masters in Public Health in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- which corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from an recognised institution of higher education
- The Bachelor’s degree completed in a university outside Finland must provide eligibility for university-level master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.