Powered by UCFB x GIS and VSI Executive Education, the MSc in Sports Directorship will qualify you for one of the most important roles today in modern global sport, that of Sporting Director, and critically, will provide you with the skills, knowledge and experience to equip you to sit in a strategic leadership role in a sporting organisation.
This two-year part-time course teaches a unique curriculum, tailored to meet the real demands of leading sports organisations.
Covering sports leadership, personal development, masterminding innovation and change, sport governance and best practice – alongside a diverse range of hands-on extra-curricular activities – the course provided unrivalled preparation for the role of the sporting director.
At the heart of the programme is the application of neuroscience. Rapidly gaining a foothold in the sporting and business world, this cognitive approach to performance is exclusive to the MSc Sports Directorship, and is simply a must-have for any sporting organisations on the lookout for a sporting director.
Designed to fit both on-campus learning and remote study around your work commitments, the MSc Sports Directorship equips you to become a sports business professional with all the skills and practical experience you need to take your next career step with confidence.
Graduate with the MSc Sports Directorship and join an elite group with the ability to apply for the role of a sporting director with a tailored degree under your belt.
The Master’s Degree in Sporting Directorship is the first of its kind designed to develop all the personal and commercial attributes you need to become a successful Sporting Director.
The purpose of the course is to develop learners with the knowledge and skillsets required to move into a strategic leadership role at executive level within a sports organisation or sports business.
Graduates from this programme include:
- Michael O'Neill - Manager of Stoke City
- Ashley Giles - Director of England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
- Beth Tweddle MBE - British Olympian
- Kelly Sotherton MBE - British Olympian
- Ian Blease - Chief Executive of Salford Red Devils
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
In each of the two years you will spend six blocks of two days (Wednesday and Thursday from October to May) on campus with project work to be completed in your own time.
You’ll finish your second year with a six-month project, based around an issue within your own organisation.Year 1 modules
- Personal Leadership in a Global Sporting Environment
- Leading High Performance Sports Organisations in the Global Environment
- Leading Innovation and Change in the Global Sports Industry
- Financial, Legal and Media Issues for the Sporting Director
- Applied Professional Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management Sports Sciences View 155 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
- Personal statement
- Copy of transcripts of highest qualification achieved and English translations (if applicable)
- One academic and one professional reference and English translation (if applicable)
- Copy of proof of English language level e.g. Academic IELTS certificate (if applicable)
International17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National17500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17500 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.