By undertaking this degree within Bournemouth University Business School your research project will be developed in collaboration with our academic University staff who will provide you with specialist knowledge and supervisory input, while accessing BU’s technical facilities and information resources.
We are looking for students to undertake a Master’s by Research in all aspects of our subject areas: Accounting, Finance & Economics, People & Organisations, Marketing, Strategy & Innovation, Sport & Event Management and Disaster Management.
The research strategy in the Business School is aligned with Bournemouth University’s 2025 vision and strategic plan; a plan that stresses real-world impact, the enrichment of society and the economy, and advancing knowledge to significantly influence challenges world-wide. The Business School is also increasing its alignment to the institution's strategic investment areas (Sustainability; Animation, Simulation and Visualisation; Medical Science; and, Assistive Technology).
Furthermore, given the recent AACSB accreditation awarded to the Business School, our strategy has developed and became fully aligned to a future vision of business schools, one that challenges business schools to examine their relationship to society, to the business community, and to the higher education landscape and be seen as drivers of change. As a result, our strategy is fully aligned to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and all research activity and knowledge advancements are punctiliously quantified against these goals.
Transferable skills and academia
Undertaking a research degree will not only allow you to carry out research in a specialist field, it will also equip you with a range of transferable skills that can be applied to roles within project management, commercial research and development, or consultancy services.
You may also decide that you would like to pursue a career within academia, developing the research that you undertake during your MRes and sharing your expertise with others who have an interest in a similar field.
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Master’s by Research (MRes) provides you with the opportunity to tailor your studies to your specific research interests or career aspirations.
- Undertaking an MRes within the fields of business, management, finance, tourism, events and leisure, sport, hospitality or retail management at BU will allow you to collaborate with world-leading researchers in these areas.
- We are ranked as one of the world's leading centres of research in the fields of tourism and its associated areas, with an outstanding team of professors who further our research and collaborate across many subject areas. We are also home to the editorial teams responsible for four of the leading scholarly journals in the tourism sector – Tourism Management, the International Journal of Tourism Research, Tourism Economics, and Tourism Management Perspectives.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Accounting Event Management View 59 other Masters in Event Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Bournemouth University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We would normally expect you to have an Honours degree at Upper Second Class (2:1).
- Some supervisors may ask you for additional entry requirements such as relevant work experience, evidence of written work, or previous study of a particular subject.
- If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with 5.5 in each component, or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4682 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4682 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK, ROI & CI: £4,682 per year (library-based and laboratory-based)
- Int: £17,000 per year (library-based) / £19,000 per year (laboratory-based)
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.