Metal Additive Manufacturing at University West helps you build theoretical and practical knowledge needed for design and production of optimised engineering components. You may even go on to influence new approaches to manufacturing, shaping the products and factories of the future.
Companies and research facilities need experts with qualifications in metal additive manufacturing. There is a high demand for engineers with knowledge of both innovative metallic materials and AM techniques to achieve operational, environmental and financial goals.
Companies are also looking for those with a business perspective and interpersonal skills to lead teams and guide changes – an additional component of this programme. You will establish relationships with a range of companies. In return, these companies will have access to highly employable candidates.
On graduation, you will be highly competitive for positions within the private sector or for further PhD studies.
This degree qualifies you to hold positions such as:
- Manufacturing technician
- Materials and manufacturing engineer/expert
- Application engineer/specialist
- Research assistant/fellow/scientist
- Quality/validation engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Materials Science
- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Phase Transformation
- Post Processing in Additive Manufacturing,
- Academic Writing
- Fatigue and Fracture Mechanic
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 19 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You will be considered for admission to the Master in Metal Additive Manufacturing programme if you fulfil the following entry requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in materials science and engineering, chemical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering, production technology or equivalent. Additionally, the degree must be comprised of a minimum of 7.5 credits in materials science or materials engineering, and at least 15 credits in mathematics including linear algebra, geometry, calculus, probability theory or statistics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12509 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12509 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.