It allows precise manufacturing of stronger parts with reduced waste and energy consumption. AM technology has redefined how everything from medical devices to aerospace structures are designed, manufactured, certified and brought to market.
Companies and research facilities need experts with qualifications in metal additive manufacturing. There is a high demand for engineers with knowledge of both innovative metallic materials and AM techniques to achieve operational, environmental and financial goals.
Companies are also looking for those with a business perspective and interpersonal skills to lead teams and guide changes – an additional component of this programme. You will establish relationships with a range of companies. In return, these companies will have access to highly employable candidates.
On graduation, you will be highly competitive for positions within the private sector or for further PhD studies.
This degree in Metal Additive Manufacturing at University West qualifies you to hold positions such as:
- Manufacturing technician
- Materials and manufacturing engineer/expert
- Application engineer/specialist
- Research assistant/fellow/scientist
- Quality/validation engineer
- Mechanical design engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Materials Science
- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Phase Transformation
- Surface Engineering
- Academic Writing,
- Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 80 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You will be considered for admission to the Master in Metal Additive Manufacturing programme if you fulfil the following entry requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in materials science and engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, manufacturing engineering, production technology, or equivalent. In addition, at least 7.5 HE credits in materials science, at least 15 HE credits in mathematics, and English B/English 6 or equivalent are required.
- Proof of English proficiency
International12811 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12811 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Trollhättan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.