In the Genetic and Genomic Counselling program from Tampere University of Applied Sciences , students have the opportunity to collaborate with research institutes, companies utilizing genetic information and international research groups. The studies also provide the ability to work in hospital, primary health care, companies and research groups in counseling and research related to genetics and genomic information.
You will be able to work independently in demanding expert tasks in genetic and genomic area and in international co-operation or as an entrepreneur.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Genetics and Genomics
- Medical and Clinical Aspects of Genetic Disease
- Genetic and Genomic Counselling Skills
- Psychosocial and Ethics Aspects
- Genetic Law and Guidelines
- Genomic Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Genetics View 6 other Masters in Genetics in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible to apply to TAMK's Master's Degree in Genetic and Genomic Counselling, you must hold one of the following: 1) a registered nurse or a biomedical laboratory science higher education degree from anywhere in the world or 2) a registered nurse, public health nurse, midwife or a biomedical laboratory science diploma from a Finnish vocational college (opistoaste), and have a minimum of two years' (24 months) work experience from the field after completing the degree.
- If you apply with a degree completed outside of Finland and you are NOT an EU/EEA-citizen, the degree has to be completed by the end of the application period.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
FundingMaster level programmes:
- -1 500 € Early Bird discount, if whole year paid in one installment by 31 May.
- Academic Award -scholarship waivers 25% - 50% for the second year based on credits gained.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.