Why study with us?
- ERA 5, well above world standards for Human Movement and Sports Science research. *
- Designed for a range of health graduates seeking to develop broad and coherent knowledge and skills in combining exercise prescription and delivery in the management of chronic disease conditions.
- Flexible study options – the majority of courses in this program are delivered fully online or in a blended learning format to encourage active learning and allow you to achieve your Graduate Diploma in Exercise and Chronic Disease Management at a time that suits you.
- Diversify your Allied Health Experience - Utilise this qualification for professional development or to explore entry into other career pathway programs.
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma of Exercise and Chronic Disease Management program at the University of Newcastle will develop skills and experience in exercise and chronic condition management which can be applied across public and private health organisations, aged care, private practice and other integrated health care settings.
Graduates of this program are not eligible to apply for accreditation with Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA) as an Exercise Physiologist, however, you could use this qualification to apply for entry into another career pathway program or for a professional development pathway.
Additional career opportunities include undertaking further research and/or education to further develop professional and advanced clinical skills.
Your core studies will focus on the following areas:
- Exercise assessment and intervention
- Exercise for cardiopulmonary diseases
- Exercise for metabolic diseases
- Chronic disease management and injury control
- Human behaviour change
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 132 other Masters in Health Administration in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 102637C
- Prior completion of an AQF 7 Bachelor degree (or higher), or equivalent, in a cognate field of study to exercise and sport science.
International38110 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38110 AUD per year during 12 months.
National21125 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21125 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.