Why study with us?
- Advance your skills to increase employability – in addition to gaining specialised skills to ensure you are eligible for accreditation, you will study contemporary aspects of health and medical science that underpin clinical exercise physiology practice.
- Strong projected demand for Exercise Physiologists locally – the Central Coast, Hunter and Greater Sydney regions are major employers of the Health Care and Social Assistance industries, so the demand for graduates with these specialised skills is expected to grow over the coming decade.
- ERA 5, well above world standards for Human Movement and Sports Science research
- Flexible study options – the majority of courses in this Exercise Physiology program at the University of Newcastle are delivered fully online or in a blended learning format to encourage active learning and allow you to achieve your Master of Exercise Physiology at a time that suits you.
Exercise physiologists are employed in a wide range of health settings and serve the increasing needs of the ageing Australian population.
Graduates will develop the expertise to work as a self-employed Exercise Physiologist and/or contribute to a range of career options that require skills and knowledge in clinical exercise physiology, including government and private hospitals, aged care organisations, private practice Exercise Physiology clinics, and integrated health care settings.
Additional career opportunities include undertaking further research and/or education to further develop professional and advanced clinical skills.
- Exercise Physiology Practice
- Assessments and Interventions for Exercise Physiology
- Exercise for Metabolic and Kidney Disease
- Exercise for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Diseases
- Exercise Physiology Professional Practicum
- Motivating Health Behaviour Change
- Pharmacology of chronic conditions
- Chronic Disease and Injury Control
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date. Late applications may be considered for next available intake.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 17 other Masters in Kinesiology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 102638B
- Prior completion of an AQF7 Bachelor degree (or higher), or equivalent, in exercise and sport science that is accredited with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA)*
- *If you have completed a non-ESSA accredited Bachelor degree in/or related to the field of exercise and sports science, you will also require a successful Graduate Entry Assessment from Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA).
- Students that have completed the Graduate Diploma in Exercise and Chronic Disease Management will not be allowed entry into the Master of Exercise Physiology unless they can demonstrate a successful Graduate Entry Assessment from Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA).
International35990 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35990 AUD per year during 24 months.
National19995 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19995 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.