As part of the Mathematical and Computer Modelling program at Kazakh-British Technical University, undergraduates are introduced to classical and modern approaches of mathematics, such as: functional analysis methods, mathematical models of physical processes, a more advanced course in partial differential equations, etc.
In addition, courses are read in high-performance computing and computer modeling.
Theoretical and practical minimum education in the magistracy:
- To master the program are allowed: Specialists with an academic bachelor's degree. An applicant must be prepared for training in the magistracy, as well as to research activities in the field of mathematical and computer modeling. The applicant must possess a diverse arsenal of modern research methods, including the use of specialized computer programs for carrying out various calculations. In addition, the applicant must possess the following scientific and methodological skills and abilities:
- formulate the problem, purpose and objectives of the study
- choose adequate research methods
- carry out information-analytical and information-bibliographic work with the involvement of modern technologies
- analyze the collected information and explain the results
- present the results of the work done in the form of reports, abstracts, articles, designed in accordance with modern requirements
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foreign Language (professional)
- Modern methods of mathematical modeling
- Nonlinear physical processes
- History and philosophy of science
- Mathematical processes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMathematics Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 3 other Masters in Mathematics in Kazakhstan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A valid English language (IELTS 4.5 / 5.5) or Equivalent certificate, or have passed KBTU internal test the KELET
- A motivation letter
- Completed Application Form we provide for you under request by email
- Original academic certificates
- Six 3x4 centimeter size photographs
- Medical Certificate (HIV Test)
- Scan of valid Passport
- A support letter from employer about the candidate’s work experience (if applicable)
- Recommendation letter from the previous university, institution
Admission preconditions to study at MSc programmes
- Successful passing of a university BSc, Master or equivalent programme (foreign education must be recognized in Kazakhstan).
- Successful passing of an entrance examination in English which is carried out at a level of a MSc language examination.
- Successful passing of an entrance specialised examination taken place in form of an oral interview via Skype (or WeChat, or Whatsapp, ZOOM).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.