The immersive Counseling - Clinical Rehabilitation program from Portland State University is organized around core foundation courses, an intensive on-campus practicum training clinic experience, interpersonal growth experiences, advanced theory and practice courses, and a culminating half-time field internship placement.
The program’s 90 graduate credits are designed to meet CACREP national accreditation standards for professional counselors and the academic degree requirements to become licensed as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Oregon and other states.
The graduates are eligible to obtain both Certified Rehabilitation Counselor and the National Certified Counselor certifications as well as licensure as professional counselors. Our graduates are employed in public mental health agencies, public and private community counseling agencies, employee assistance programs, day treatment and inpatient hospital settings, private practice, group practice, community colleges, university settings, and public and private vocational rehabilitation agencies. Graduates are employed as counselors at various community mental health agencies and in private practice.
- Work as counselors in private practice or community agencies
- Become clinical supervisors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories and Interventions
- Couples, Marriage, and Family Counseling
- Psychopharmacology and Mental Illness
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Medical Aspects of Disability
- Psychosocial Aspects of Disability
- Case Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 690 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Portland State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Program-specific application
- Résumé: Applicants are asked to upload a resume on the ‘Employment’ tab that demonstrates their prior work and volunteer experience, as related to the field of counseling.
- Statement of purpose: Directions can be found within the online application on the ‘Program materials’ tab
- Two electronic recommendation forms (forms are provided within the application)
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants who are non-native English speakers and who do not hold a degree from the U.S., Australia, English-speaking Canada, Great Britain, Ireland or New Zealand must submit valid proof of proficiency. Please visit the Graduate School to learn more about your options for proving proficiency.
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted by the College of Education for the program application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 732 USD per credit during 36 months.
National21960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 732 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State15150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 505 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.