Our Counseling - Clinical Mental Health program at Portland State University is organized around core foundation courses, an intensive on-campus practicum training clinic experience, interpersonal growth experiences, advanced theory and practice courses, and a culminating half-time field internship placement.
Our program consists of 90 graduate credits designed to meet CACREP national accreditation standards for professional counselors and the academic degree requirements to become licensed as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Oregon and other states.
What can you do
Provide diagnostic and intervention services to a wide variety of clients seeking personal and mental health counseling in the following settings:
- Public mental health agencies
- Public and private community counseling agencies
- Employee assistance programs
- Day treatment and inpatient hospital setting
- Psychiatric hospitals
- Private practice
- Group practice
- Community colleges and universities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Crisis Assessment and Intervention
- Consultation: Theory and Practice
- Grief and Loss
- Systemic Perspectives on Human Sexuality
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCounselling View 994 other Masters in Counselling in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Admission eligibility is based on receipt of a baccalaureate degree equivalent to a United States four-year bachelor's degree from a college or university recognized as an institution of higher education by the Ministry of Education in the relevant country or be regionally accredited within the U.S. prior to matriculating into a graduate program.
- To be considered for regular admission, applicants must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or the equivalent (on the U.S. 4.0 scale). Applicants who have earned 9 or more letter-graded graduate credits must have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent; this graduate GPA supersedes the undergraduate GPA.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per credit during 36 months.
National20130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State13320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 444 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.