The distinctiveness and knowledge that you will gain from this programme will place you in an ideal position to inform the future direction of sport at all levels and to impact upon participation and performance by challenging current practices.
By taking this Sport Coaching programme from University of Birmingham, you will develop the skills to critically evaluate new developments/theory and integrate this knowledge, where appropriate, into your own personal coaching practice.
Throughout the programme you will be encouraged to develop yourself as a lifelong learner, understanding the importance of learning and the theory behind coaching practice and also development of performance and expertise.
This programme is an innovative blended delivery using both high quality online resources complemented with face to face discussion time with academics and leaders in the programme fields. You will be encouraged to develop your use of theory in practice, and to reflect upon your own personal coaching philosophy and development in light of new knowledge.
The course is aimed at students actively coaching in a variety of contexts (e.g. voluntary, development, performance). Students who are coaching have found that not only is their practice strengthened, but also their leadership skills, and many have progressed into leadership roles following completion of this degree.
- Research Methodology in Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation
- Advanced Pedagogies
- Digital Practice in Sport, Exercise and Health
- Innovation in Professional Development
- Applied Professional Practice
- Player and Participant Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Sports Management Coaching View 71 other Masters in Coaching in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Birmingham and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Applicants will normally require a 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject or relevant professional experience.
- You will be required to be a qualified coach with an award recognised by their national governing body, normally at Level 2 of the UKCC or its equivalent. You will also be expected to regularly coach a minimum of three hours per week whilst on the programme.
- We also encourage applications from coaches who do not have prior experience of higher education as well as those with first degrees.
International10215 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10215 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4905 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4905 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.