The distinctiveness and knowledge that you will gain from this programme will place you in an ideal position to inform the future direction of sport at all levels and to impact upon participation and performance by challenging current practices.
By taking the Sport Coaching programme offered by the University of Birmingham you will develop the skills to critically evaluate new developments/theory and integrate this knowledge, where appropriate, into your own personal coaching practice.
Throughout the programme you will be encouraged to develop yourself as a lifelong learner, understanding the importance of learning and the theory behind coaching practice and also development of performance and expertise.
This programme is an innovative blended delivery using both high quality online resources complemented with face to face discussion time with academics and leaders in the programme fields. You will be encouraged to develop your use of theory in practice, and to reflect upon your own personal coaching philosophy and development in light of new knowledge.
The course is aimed at students actively coaching in a variety of contexts (e.g. voluntary, development, performance). Students who are coaching have found that not only is their practice strengthened, but also their leadership skills, and many have progressed into leadership roles following completion of this degree.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Sport
- Innovation in Professional Development
- Advanced Pedagogies
- Player and Participant Development
- Applied Professional Practice
- Digital Practice in Sport and Exercise
- Dissertation (after successful transfer to MSc)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEducation Sports Management Coaching View 819 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally require a 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject or relevant professional experience.
- You will be required to be a qualified coach with an award recognised by their national governing body, normally at Level 2 of the UKCC or its equivalent. You will also be expected to regularly coach a minimum of three hours per week whilst on the programme.
International9225 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9225 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4625 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Part-time fees MSc:
- UK/EU: 4,625 GBP per year
- International: 9225 GBP per year
Part-time fees PGDiploma:
- UK/EU: 3,083 GBP per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.