The faculty excel at both teaching and research, with areas of expertise that include geochemistry and petrology, geophysics, geoscience education, hydrogeology, quaternary geology and geomorphology, urban geology, and geologic hazards, tectonics, and planetary science.
With specialized studies in hydrogeology, geomicrobiology, environmental geology, engineering geology, geomechanics, glaciology, and applied stratigraphy, you can branch out or deepen your knowledge in an area that best fits your interests and career goals.
You will also have opportunities to work closely with faculty in their research labs and on projects with local businesses, government, and regional universities.
The student clubs, including Portland State's chapters of the Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists and the Association of Petroleum Geologists, provide you with opportunities to network with professionals and learn about the work being done in the field.
This Hydrogeology program from Portland State University is designed for professionals and students interested in the field of hydrogeology. It can represent a portion of a professional geologist’s recognized training, as well as a portion of the background needed by registered geologists in the state of Oregon. Practicing geologists can use this Certificate, which indicates added skills and background, for professional development. This Certificate program also may be used toward a graduate degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ground Water Geology
- Research Methods - Literature Review (Reading)
- Research Methods - Scientific/Technical Writing
- Statistics and Data Analysis in the Geosciences
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Field GIS
- Chemical Hydrogeology
- Environmental Geology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeology Hydrology & Water Management View 121 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To be considered for regular admission, applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or the equivalent (on the U.S. 4.0 scale) from the degree granting institution(s). Applicants who have earned 9 or more letter-graded graduate credits must have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent; this graduate GPA supersedes the undergraduate GPA.
- Copies of official degree certificate/diploma
- Certified translation of transcripts
- Financial documentation demonstrating adequate financial support for at least the first year of study
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 698 USD per credit during 12 months.
National11168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 698 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State7536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 471 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.