The Financial Engineering programme at Technical University of Kaiserslautern is tailored to the demands of everyday working practice: Interdisciplinary, and designed to teach the advanced financial mathematics and financial economics theory and skills required for an in-depth understanding of the increasingly complex financial market. It also explores links to actuarial science and teaches relevant statistical and numerical methods.
Admission to the distance learning programme is regulated through a special evaluation points system that can be accessed here. The required prior knowledge of analysis and stochastics can also be acquired in courses that may have to be taken subject to conditions.
- The distance learning programme Financial Engineering is accredited to award the academic degree Master of Science (M.Sc.). The programme received system accreditation in an internal process from the accreditation council of the cross-university quality management centre.
Programme StructureThe distance learning programme is divided into the following modules:
- Insurance Mathematics
- Financial Mathematics
- Economics of Banking
- Interest Rate Models
- Financial Decision Making
- Risk and Statistical Modeling
- Computational Methods in Finance
- Advanced Financial Engineering
- The English-language Master's programme is aimed at graduates of mathematics or other subjects with significant proportions of mathematics who wish to acquire a detailed understanding of financial mathematics.
- The distance learning programme's scientific director is Prof. Dr. Jörn Saß (TU Kaiserslautern).
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- mail-in exercises, written examinations
DisciplinesFinance General Engineering & Technology Actuarial Science View 72 other Masters in Finance in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Access with a first degree
- Access without a first degree
- Evidence of knowledge
International3980 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1990 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA3980 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1990 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- 1,990 EUR per semester + a social contribution of 102 EUR per semester
Living costs for Kaiserslautern
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.