Be a part of developing interdisciplinary solutions to priority water resource and catchment issues, working in close collaboration with our advisory board of representatives from the water industry. The Water and Environmental Management MSc programme is offered at Queen Mary University of London.
- Combine hydrology, applied geomorphology, biogeochemistry and ecology in this interdisciplinary masters degree
- Study catchment science, policy and management
- Gain hands-on experience with industry-standard assessment and modelling tools
- Collaborate with a partner organisation in the water and environment sector for your research project
- Engage in fieldwork at our research sites including rewilding projects, globally rare chalk streams and heavily impacted urban rivers
What you'll study
You will have the opportunity to network within the water and environmental sectors, meeting experts with experience of working in a wide variety of public- and private-sector organisations such as AECOM, Atkins Global, Defra, Environment Agency, Natural England and National Trust.
You will be able to develop transferable skills in field and lab methods, project management, statistical analysis, geographical information systems (GIS) and the use of remotely sensed data, report writing, problem solving and presenting. We offer hands-on training in flood estimation and inundation modelling using industry-standard software, as well as river assessment methods.
You will be able to develop skills and knowledge in the monitoring and management of pollutants, nutrient levels and greenhouse gas emissions in aquatic systems and in the theory and practice of river restoration.
You will receive tailored research supervision and training suitable to your individual research interests in order to complete your individual research project. This will usually be completed in collaboration with a partner organisation.
- Individual Research Project
- Biogeosciences and Ecosystem Services
- Environmental Data Acquisition and Analysis
- River Assessment and Restoration
- Catchment Science in Practice
- Advanced Readings
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Management View 205 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject.
International23950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10950 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.