There are many opportunities for teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL).
This TESOL Certificate (Online) at University of Michigan - Dearborn is specifically designed for individuals seeking opportunities locally or internationally and will prepare students with the requisite content knowledge and pedagogy to teach English to students or adults outside of the PK-12 public school system.
Certificate holders may find careers with non-U.S. agencies/institutions in order to meet international needs to provide English instruction to their student populations.
The TESOL Certificate Program goals are twofold:
- Provide students with the requisite content knowledge and pedagogy to teach English to non-native speakers locally and abroad in short- and/or long-term English language programs.
- Provide non-native English speakers who are currently teaching abroad with the requisite content knowledge and pedagogy to effectively teach their non-native English-speaking students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language, Literacy, Culture, and Power in Education
- Assessment in Second Language Learning
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Practicum: Teaching English as a Second Language
- TESOL Strategies for the Classroom
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
If you have international transcripts, your recommended deadline is one month prior to the posted deadline for your intended term of entry.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 76 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
All graduate applicants are required to meet the following minimum requirements for admission:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an approved institution. Criteria vary based on whether you earned your bachelor’s degree from a US institution or an institution outside of the United States.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency.
- A holistic review of each applicant is conducted. Admission is granted to applicants who have been recommended for admission by the academic unit. Preference is generally given to students who have at least a B average (3.0 in a 4.0 grading system) in relevant coursework or otherwise provide evidence of promise that is satisfactory to the admitting program.
International1437 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1437 USD per credit and a duration of .
National1437 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1437 USD per credit and a duration of .
In-State810 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 810 USD per credit and a duration of .
- Non-Resident In Online Program $1012.00 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.