- Independently search, interpret and absorb chemistry-related scientific knowledge and take responsibility for his/her own professional development
- Independently apply adopted, chemistry-related advanced knowledge to solve a scientific problem or to produce new knowledge in chemistry or chemistry-related environment
- Critically handle chemistry-related data and draw conclusions based on it
- Perform scientific research using scientific methods
- Clearly present and give reasons for results to a specialist and non-specialist audience
- Work as a chemist in industry or public sector or in chemistry-related tasks.
Occupational profiles of the graduates
The graduates will have excellent theoretical knowledge and a solid base to continue their academic career, if they so wish. The practical skills gained in the programme means that they will be primed to respond to the needs of industry and make for valuable recruiting assets for private companies and the public sector alike.
Possible job titles include:
- Product Development Chemist
- Laboratory or Research Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The graduate will be able to:
- independently search, interpret and absorb chemistry-related scientific knowledge and take responsibility for his/her own professional development
- independently apply adopted, chemistry-related advanced knowledge to solve a scientific problem or to produce new knowledge in chemistry or chemistry-related environment
- critically handle chemistry-related data and draw conclusions based on it
- scientific research using scientific methods
- clearly present and give reasons for results to a specialist and non-specialist audience
- to work as a chemist in industry or public sector or in chemistry-related tasks
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry Sustainable Development View 12 other Masters in Chemistry in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A successful applicant has obtained their first academic degree, normally a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, from an institution of higher education. As a rule, the Bachelor’s degree is the lower academic degree. This degree should be equivalent of at least three years of full-time studies (180 ECTS).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.