Epidemiology and Biomedical Data Science at the University of Oulu is very research-oriented with the goal of training future researchers in the field. An important part of the multidisciplinary programme is the development of and training in statistical and biostatistical approach for medical research. The programme is much more involved in epidemiological methodology and in very large data analysis when compared to similar programmes.
Occupational profiles of the graduates
- Community Health Worker
- Environmental Scientists and Specialists
- Field Investigator
- Health Department Administrator
- Health Education Specialist
- Health Services Manager
- Data Scientist
- Minority Health Administrator
- Research Coordinator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
After completing the Master's Degree, the student is able to:
- Collect and manage data
- Identify and integrate multiple sources of data
- Analyse and interpret data
- Interpret causal and non-causal relationships
- Conduct research work independently and in teams by using scientific research methods
- Communicate research findings orally and in writing clearly and analytically
- Broaden and deepen one’s know-how independently, in view of life-long learning.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Data Science & Big Data Epidemiology View 6 other Masters in Public Health in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Oulu and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A successful applicant has obtained their first academic degree, normally a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, from an institution of higher education. As a rule, the Bachelor’s degree is the lower academic degree. This degree should be equivalent of at least three years of full-time studies (180 ECTS).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.