It will provide you with detailed knowledge about key issues, such as the structure and function of sport in the UK and elsewhere, governance and regulation, sport economics, and much more.
The MSc Sport Management, Governance and Policy program from Birkbeck, University of London is ideally suited to the needs of executives within sport organisations, including regulatory and governing bodies, those who work in central and local government, those with responsibilities in the sport and leisure fields, members of supporter organisations and other local, regional and national sport organisations. It will also appeal to those with a general interest in the sport and media industries.
- The Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- Linked to Birkbeck's Sport Business Centre, one of the world's leading centres for sport business and football research, teaching, training, consultancy and policy advice.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in the governance function for sport governing bodies, professional sport clubs such as football clubs, and for public bodies involved in the administration of sport policy. See our sport jobs bulletin for details of current vacancies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Sport Law
- Research Methods in Management (Postgraduate)
- Sport Economics and the Design of Competitions
- Sport Governance
- Sport Policy and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSports Management Public Policy View 239 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.