The Product Design master's programme from Jönköping University is ideal for students who love to develop new product and improve existing ones. The programme takes a holistic approach to product realization incorporating all life-cycle aspects of it from design to manufacturing to use and finally remanufacturing, reuse or recycling. Students get to be creative and develop new product ideas and concepts and to visualise them and test their functions using both virtual models and physical prototypes. The programme highlights the importance of successful manufacturing so the integration between design and manufacturing play an important role.
Students will after graduation be able to have leading the roles in the development of new or improved products, considering the needs and wants of the customers. They will be able to analyze product proposals and to specify how to manufacture them and make assessments of the expected sustainability during the life-cycle of the proposed products.
Graduates from the program will also be able to take on the task of improving the product development process in companies and proposing how to improve knowledge reuse and to make the product development more efficient. In addition to the creative aspects of the programme, engineering analyses are also trained, involving for example structural analysis and optimization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrated Product Realization
- Design Philosophy and Practice
- Digitalization and Automation in Engineering Processes
- Advanced CAD
- Integrated Product and Production Development
- Numerical Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Interior Design View 41 other Masters in Design in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Jönköping University and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor’s degree (i.e the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 credits in mechanical engineering, civil engineering (with relevant courses in construction), or equivalent. The bachelor’s degree should comprise a minimum of 15 credits in mathematics, 7.5 credits in CAD and 15 credits of independent, theoretical based work, i.e. a thesis or the equivalent. Proof of English proficiency is required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14466 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28933 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- For the first semester: 75000 SEK
- Total tuition fee: 300000 SEK
Living costs for Jönköping
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.