Whether you wish to enter practical farming or pursue a commercial or administrative post, this intensive course covers all bases, with graduates carving out successful careers as farm managers, agricultural consultants, research officers and more.
In the Graduate Certificate in Agriculture at Royal Agricultural University, you will acquire a detailed knowledge of the UK agricultural industry by exploring a plethora of issues including plant nutrition, crop growth and development, animal genetics, breeding, accounting, record keeping and budgeting.
Some of the routes opened up to you upon graduating include:
- Farm manager
- Agricultural commodity sales
- Agricultural consultants
- Agricultural research / trials officer
- Farm Assurance Scheme officers
- Applied Agricultural Science
- Farm Business Management
- Agricultural Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Applications opening mid-November
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Agriculture Genetics View 60 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in United Kingdom
- Candidates will normally have a first degree from a discipline other than agriculture, awarded at upper second level. Equivalent overseas and other UK qualifications may be accepted at the discretion of the University.
- Applicants of 25 years and over may seek admission on the basis of a curriculum vitae, but evidence of ability to study at degree level, such as proven managerial level experience, is essential.
- A period of relevant practical work experience within the agricultural industry is recommended as a means of enhancing understanding of the industry and the relevance of specific modules towards future career goals, but is not a prerequisite of joining the programme.
EU/EEA5875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5875 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.