You will learn about the foundations of the international legal system, and you will examine theoretical perspectives and the practice of its institutions and processes, while specialising in particular areas.
- Public International Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Law of the Sea
- Carriage of Goods by Sea
- Financing International Trade
- Commercial Conflict of Laws
You will be able to tailor your postgraduate degree to your interests with our range of optional modules, and at the end of your degree you will be awarded one of the following qualifying titles depending on your module choices: LLM International Law, LLM International Law (with Human Rights), LLM International Law (with Business Law).
Our School of Law graduates have gone on to a wide variety of careers in international and intergovernmental organisations or employment with governments across the world, in commerce and banking, in non-governmental organisations and, as might be expected, in the legal profession and the judiciary.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- European Union Law and Human Rights (optional)
- International Law: Foundation Essay
- Legal Research and the English Legal System (optional)
- Dissertation Preparation
- International Trade Finance Law (optional)
- Public International Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to .
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 353 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2. Degree in Law or a joint honours Degree with Law. Applicants who do not hold a Law Degree but who have additional relevant professional experience and/or traineeships or professional qualifications/certifications issued by professional bodies such as Bar Associations can apply and will be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8760 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.