Why study MSc Medical Imaging with Management at BU?
- Medical imaging is a rapidly growing field and is an essential element of modern medicine, playing a key role in the diagnosis and management of disease
- On this course, you’ll develop the skillset needed for a career in advanced medical imaging practice, research and leadership
- Achieve a systematic understanding of cross-sectional imaging, along with the essential leadership and people management skills needed for a career in this specialised field
- Critically explore technological advancements including data management systems, as well as the imaging techniques, imaging anatomy and skills to recognise clinical abnormalities
- Our new MRI and ultrasound scanners, and other imaging modalities from our local healthcare partners, provide an education and research resource for students on this course
- This course is also available to be taken as individual CPD units, PgCert or PgDip.
Upon completion of this Medical Imaging with Management course from Bournemouth University , you will possess the advanced scientific and leadership knowledge and the necessary skillset mix and competencies required to improve your current radiographic practice, leadership/managerial roles within radiology departments or progress into careers in industry as an application/education/sales specialist manager for imaging device manufacturing companies like Siemens, General Electric Co, Philips, Agfa, Toshiba, Hitachi etc. Finally, the knowledge and research skills developed is an excellent preparation for further study at the doctoral level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cross-sectional Imaging
- Foundations of Health Information Systems
- Managing People
- Leadership Essentials
- Research Methods for Health & Social Care
- Systematic Review to Inform Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There's no application deadline for this course, but if you need a visa, think about the length of time it takes to process your visa application.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Administration Health Sciences View 1772 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A Bachelors Honours degree with at least 2:2 in a required subject, or equivalent. Appropriate professional qualifications with significant work experience would be considered e.g. Diploma of the college of radiographers.
Required subject: Radiography (diagnostic or therapy), sonography, medical physics/engineering/medicine, biomedical/biological/physical sciences. Other healthcare professionals will also be considered.
If you lack the formal academic qualifications needed to enter a postgraduate or post-experience degree, there are several alternative routes to follow - some based on experience. Contact the Future Students Enquiry Team for more information.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.