The International Track is the English-language branch of a German-language degree programme. Thus, MA Sociology students can combine courses taught in English with courses taught in German, or study their entire MA Sociology degree programme at Bielefeld University in English.
An increasing number of professions in scientific and non-scientific institutions throughout the world are now internationally oriented. International organisations have become increasingly important in recent years and there has been a growing demand for highly qualified young professionals who are experts in a variety of sociological fields and have had international experience during their studies.
- International Governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations
- Public Relations Firms
- Marketing Firms and Market Research Companies
- Administration, Unions, Political Parties, and Labour Unions
- Human Resources
- Publishing Companies, Newspapers, Radio and TV
- Universities and other Institutions of Higher Education and Research Centres
All international programs are accredited by internationally recognized accreditation agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Structure Analysis and Social Inequality
- Empirical student research project
- Sociology of the Global World
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to qualify for the MA Sociology, you must have an undergraduate degree with at least three years of higher education, which is recognized in Germany as equivalent to a German bachelor’s degree.
- Your transcript of records must indicate that your previously completed course of study covers at least three of the following four thematic areas: theory of sociology, methods of empirical social research, special sociology/social science and general social sciences.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.