Students will have the opportunity to focus on courses in health economics and policy, health management and leadership, health analytics and informatics, or research.
The Health Economics, Management and Policy - Master of Business Administration program from University of Newcastle is designed to provide students with a range of analytic, strategic and leadership skills which will prepare them for increasingly competitive careers in business management in the corporate and public sectors. The program offers a grounding in fundamental business areas such as accounting, organisational behaviour, marketing and management.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Effective oral and written skills to communicate complex business management information to a variety of audiences.
- Effective independent or collaborative work skills to apply specialised knowledge and expert judgement to business management tasks.
- Critical thinking and analytical problem solving skills to be able to justify sound business management solutions.
- Specialised knowledge of theories, models and concepts relevant to business management and be proficient in their application.
- Professional proficiency in the utilisation of information and technology in business management contexts.
- Decision making skills that incorporate ethical, social and global issues.
- Skills to apply relevant theories, principles and methodologies to research in business management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Human Resource Management
- Public Policy and Organisations
- Health Promotion Planning and Evaluation
- Project Planning and Management
- Health Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 314 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 102443B
Entry into the Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy/Master of Business Administration will be available to applicants who have:
- A Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline; or
- A Bachelor Honours degree, Graduate Certificate, or equivalent in any discipline;
- A minimum 5 years relevant organisational experience*; or
- Successful completion of 75% (30 units) of the UoN Graduate Certificate in Health Economics, Management and Policy or Graduate Certificate in Business Administration programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39565 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39565 AUD per year during 24 months.
National23800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23800 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.