We realise that the situation around the world is changing all the time. If for whatever reason you cannot start your programme as planned, your place will be deferred to the next available start date. Provision will be made to continue and complete the programme online if required to ensure you will be able to compete your programme successfully and progress as planned to your university degree.
Who is this programme designed for?
This Biology, Plant Science - Pre-Master's Programme from ONCAMPUS Lund is designed to prepare international students for postgraduate study. The PMPP will allow you to improve your English while learning the study skills and research methods that you will need during your Master’s degree studies.
How long will I study for?
The duration of the programme is dependent on the number of terms studied (three, six or nine months). Each term consists of seven to eight teaching weeks, one reading week, and an assessment week. The weekly hours of study varies by term with students on average studying around 18-23 (and up to 25) hours per week.
English Language forms up to six hours of your timetable, is compulsory for students who are below the required level for progression, and will be integrated into the teaching of academic subjects as well as being taught separately if you need additional support. Students who are at or above the required English level for progression are likely to follow a reduced timetable.
Students will be expected to timetable self-study hours in addition to the classroom-based hours.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic writing skills
- Academic reading skills development
- Presentation and discussion skills
- Listening and note taking
- English for specific purposes
Other course content includes:
- Statistical Analysis of Scientific Data (Lund University and SLU progression)
- Introduction to Programming (Lund University and SLU progression)
- Understanding Learning and Development (Kristianstad University progression)
- Intercultural Communication (Kristianstad University progression)
- Postgraduate Skills Development
- Research project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 7 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Start in September face to face or online, to suit you.
Join face to face at any point between September and December.
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Microbiology Botany View 24 other programmes in Natural Sciences in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Minimum age: 21+
For students wishing to progress to a wide range of Engineering or Science Master's degrees at Lund University, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences or Business degrees at Kristianstad University.English requirements
3 terms – from 5.5 IELTS or equivalent
2.5 terms – from 6.0 IELTS or equivalent
- To study this programme you will need to have successfully completed your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, from a recognised university.
- Bachelor’s degree of at least 180 credits, of which 90 credits must be in science, including 5 credits in statistics and 60 credits in biology comprising cell biology, genetics, microbiology, ecology and botany, or the equivalent, or Bachelor’s degree of at least 180 credits, of which 90 credits must be in science, including 30 credits in chemistry and 45 credits in biology comprising cell biology, genetics, microbiology and molecular biology, or the equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15565 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15565 EUR for the full programme during 7 months.
For 3 terms: €18,675
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.