Molecular Biology from University of Debrecen includes application of molecular biology techniques; a general knowledge of the molecular biology methods; ability to alter and modulate genes; a practical approach to scientific problems in multidisciplinary teams with an emphasis on medicine-related projects; understanding of the genomic data; planning and performing genetical modifications; setting up and testing recombinant expression systems for medicinal or industrial purposes; translation of laboratory results to clinical practice; obtaining, preserving, and evaluating genetic material; and the ability to test and establish personalized medicine-based approaches. The students can specialize in the fields of biochemistry and genomics.
Graduates may go on to a variety of subject-specific careers in research laboratories, educational institutions, hospitals, clinics, environmental agencies, and at pharmaceutical, food, agricultural, and chemical companies.
- Biochemistry of Metabolism,
- Human Physiology,
- Molecular Genetics,
- Molecular Immunology,
- Medical Genome Biology,
- Radioisotope Techniques in Biomedicine,
- Methods of Molecular Biology,
- Cell and Organ Biochemistry,
- Cell Biology,
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English language proficiency (CEFR level B2 , assessed at the entrance interview)
- BSc degree with completed studies in the fields of: mathematics (6 credits), informatics (6 credits), physics (4 credits), chemistry (20 credits) and biology (60 credits) + entrance interview.
- Valid, filled-in application form
- Certificate of education (school leaving qualification, high school diploma, document of graduation or any equivalent; university or college diploma/certificate or any equivalent; all in English (translated));
- Certificate or proof of citizenship and/or permanent residence (e.g. passport)
- Short Resume/CV (personal details, educational background, work experience, language skills, additional skills)
- Medical Certificate
- Bank receipt about the transfer of the application fee of 150 USD (non-refundable)
International8500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 USD per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Debrecen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.