The knowledge that you will gain during this two-year Risk, Crisis and Resilience Management degree at the University of Portsmouth will help you become a valuable employee of your organisation. This Online IRM accredited degree will give you the necessary skills to prepare comprehensive plans for unexpected and challenging situations.
As a graduate student, you can apply for a GradIRM membership. Also, if you have a minimum of three years of relevant work experience you can upgrade to Certified Membership.
Even if this is an online programme you can benefit from optional face-to-face events where you can socialise with your colleagues. You can enroll anytime it's right for you because this master course has three intakes throughout the year.
Why study this programme
This MSc aims to give you the necessary knowledge to create a solid risk prevention culture within your organisation.
In this course you will:
- Learn how to cope with the crisis by identifying the risks specific for each sector of your organisation and developing strategies accordingly
- Learn how to develop a solid risk-prevention culture
- Gain the ability to remain calm under pressure, make decisions and communicate clearly regardless of your audience
- Understand the impact of cultural differences in approaching risk
- Develop critical thinking and start planning on a bigger scale in order to be able to evaluate problems in an organisational context
This MSc involves assessments based on coursework and submitted online. You will be assessed through:
- Written assignments
- Reflective work
- A dissertation
Teachers will also give you formal and informal feedback so you can improve your work in the future.
Career prospects and opportunities
This master course is created to provide you the necessary tools to help you start a successful career based on solid knowledge. Besides that, Portsmouth’s Careers and Employability Service is ready to help you find a job that suits you.
So many industries will be open for you after graduation because every single company needs strategies for unpredictable situations.
Here are some examples of industries open to you with this degree:
- Oil and gas
- Health service
- Financial sector
- Security industries
- Emergency services
- Security Management
Also, you may work in positions like:
- Asset management
- Risk management
- Liability management
- Private banking and family office
- Compliance and regulatory reporting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Risk and Risk Behaviour
- Organisational and Environmental Risk
- Crisis Management and Governance
- Project and Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCorporate Social Responsibility Risk Management Emergency & Disaster Management View 11 other Masters in Corporate Social Responsibility in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To join this course, you must have:
A second-class honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject seeking to pursue or to continue a career in Risk Management. Applicants with appropriate work experience and professional qualifications may also be considered.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11200 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National5600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11200 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.