This Online MSc in Project Management for Construction offered by the University of Portsmouth aims to give the necessary skills to lead multi-organizational teams while taking into consideration various aspects like financial, technical, commercial, organisational, and legal aspects.
This programme can help you if you are looking to improve your skills and become better in your current position or if you're willing to advance your career. This MSc also involves optional face-to-face events that represent a great opportunity to socialise.
This MSc has three start dates throughout the year, so you can enrol anytime is right for you.
Why study this degree?
During these two years, you will have a chance to examine how various types of construction projects work, from start to delivery. The courses tend to be focused on practical aspects, so students will analyse real case studies which prepare them for any obstacle.
In this course you will:
- Begin to see construction project management as a multi-directional process, starting with the clients
- Develop critical thinking about the factors that can have a major influence on the construction process: economic, social, environmental, legal, etc
- Learn how to use software like BIM and Revit and understand information management that makes it work
- Get to know the laws surrounding construction (construction contract law and other forms of liability)
This MSc involves assessments based on coursework and submitted online. You will be assessed through:
- Written assignments
- A dissertation
Teachers will also give you formal and informal feedback so you can improve your work in the future.
Career prospects and opportunities
Upon graduation, you'll have the necessary skills to run sophisticated construction projects. You'll be familiar with tools and processes that are essential for a successful delivery. Besides your knowledge and skills which will definitely help you stand out, you can find support in Portsmouth’s Careers and Employability Service.
Here are some examples of the roles open to you with this degree:
- Building control surveyor
- Building services engineer
- Building surveyor
- Construction manager
- Estates manager
- Fire risk assessor
- Quantity surveyor
- Site engineer
- Sustainability consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- BIM Theory and Practice
- Construction Law, Contracts & Dispute Resolution
- Project Management Processes
- Project Management Tools and Techniques
- Strategic & General Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Project Management Civil Engineering & Construction View 35 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In order to join this course, you must have:
- A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, or equivalent industrial and work experience in the construction industry or other related field.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.