University of Portsmouth is the right place where you can gain the expertise in the activities involved in this complex field. You’ll be prepared to lead teams in construction projects run by important organisations.
During the two years of study, you’ll have the opportunity to study different angles of this discipline so you’ll be prepared for every challenge on the labour market.
What you’ll study
The approach of this programme is a practical one. In this MSc in Project Management for Construction , you’ll have the chance to be involved in projects, and have the opportunity to discover the challenges that can be faced during a construction project.
On this study programme, you'll:
- Learn to approach construction project management as a holistic type of operation, which is dedicated to the client and its needs
- Use your know-how regarding economic, social and environmental events that can have an impact of important construction projects, as well as the expertise to address them
- Develop your skills with BIM processes and Revit software, and understand the data behind them
- Explore plenty of tools and methods available for project management, and learn how to use them properly
- Gain knowledge in the laws regarding constructions, including construction contract law and other forms of liability
Career prospects and opportunities
The BIM skills and ability to perceive the construction projects from a holistic point of view are abilities highly valued by employers nowadays.
After graduation, you can you can choose to work for independent clients or for large construction and consulting organisations.
The competencies and abilities you’ll gain on this programme, you could be able to choose a career as:
- Project manager
- Design manager
- Construction manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- BIM Theory and Practice
- Construction Law, Contracts & Dispute Resolution
- Project Management Processes
- Project Management Tools and Techniques
- Strategic & General Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Project Management Civil Engineering & Construction View 45 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
In order to join this course, you must have:
- A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, or equivalent industrial and work experience in the construction industry or other related field.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
including a £250 acceptance fee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.